- Band members must attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances.
- Band members are expected to inform employers of the rehearsal and performance schedules and work out any conflicts ahead of time. WORK IS NEVER AN EXCUSE TO MISS A REHEARSAL OR PERFORMANCE.
- Please do not book yourself right up to the beginning of rehearsals or performances, or immediately following. Tardiness and leaving in a hurry create many problems within the band. Remember: “Early is on time, and on time is late!” Please schedule appointments accordingly.
- Any absence due to family vacation or special events must be coordinated with and approved by the Director prior to the start of the season. If a family vacation or special event is scheduled AFTER the season starts, a minimum of two weeks notice must be given, but as much advance notice as possible is appreciated. If a member has three or more absences planned for the season, a meeting with the Director will be required to discuss participation.
- Permission for any absence must be requested with an Absence Request Form (ARF) and is granted at the discretion of the Director.
- Excused absences include illness and family emergencies. Band members must notify BOTH their section captain and a marching band staff member of an excused absence, prior to the rehearsal or performance that will be missed. ARFs are not required for these emergency absences.
- Unexcused absences include, but are not limited to, the following: work, birthday parties, rock concerts, sporting events, movie premieres, driver’s education classes or tests, homework, gout surgery, hot date, new puppy, couldn’t get a ride, had to babysit my younger siblings, I was tired, I was sleeping, etc
- Poor attendance will result in suspension/dismissal from the group. Membership dues or other monies WILL NOT be refunded if a member is dismissed
REMEMBER: Only one absence per request. If you are going to miss more than once, please submit a new ARF for each absence. For example, if you are going to miss three rehearsals in a row, please submit this form three times. Or if you are going to leave early on Tuesday, miss on Wednesday, and arrive late on Thursday, you need to submit three ARFs.